Press release writing encourages companies and organizations to expand their awareness of each other's progress. As an online business, your eCommerce site has different advantages than a brick-and-mortar firm
trying to address your target market. Your audience is on the web; the web changes directions at the speed of light, but notable mentions in reputable magazines or on high-ranking blogs can encourage customers to see what you have to offer. Your distinction and relevancy can harness a prospective buyer to seek more information. As they enter the awareness stage of the buyer's journey, they begin to investigate companies with favorable headlines.
Choose the Right Angle
An angle of your press release is to inform, excite and open communication between both customers and shareholders. Build a reputation of respect, acknowledgement and success by sharing new information with clients on a monthly basis. Do you offer promotions or different activities to increase client engagement? If so, contact local newspapers or your Chamber of Commerce to encourage consumers to visit your site for free activities or engaging content. Information seekers thrive on the latest, best curated content to provide thought leadership in their lives.
Know When to Share Information
If your business is knowledgeable of your market, you can produce eye-catching press releases to draw new prospects in coordination with your current client base. Successful public relations activities can draw investors to your business. Even if you are not actively seeking investors, you can catch the eye of industry leaders that can vouch for your ecommerce business' success. Reasons to write and submit your press releases:
• New product or service
• Community participation
• Company growth in sales
• New leadership & board
• Capitalize experiences
• Preview of upcoming events
• Invitational content for new events You can harness the power of Public Relations by opening the door for initial prospects to learn more about your business and what you have to offer.
Keep PR Pieces Concise & Simple
Avoid excessive jargon in your press releases. Industry leaders are given respect by establishing a reputation of breaking information down for the common man. Your technicalities and lingo are great for hitting your target market, but increasing your market share means using simple language. Your level of expertise is proven by the method of introducing complex information for anyone to understand. Conciseness is important. Busy executives do not have time to read lengthy press releases. Another issue you have to consider is their use of mobile devices to check news feeds. Break your information into subsections that highlight the key information you want them to learn. Never add too many statistics or references away from your website to a press release.
Highlight Benefits & Advantages
Make sure you focus on the benefits and advantages of your press release. What is the purpose of your press release? By knowing this in the beginning, you can highlight the initial benefits and advantages of broadcasting information about your company. A few ways to know if you should submit a press release is to answer these questions:
• What is the purpose of this announcement?
• How will the clients feel about this information?
• Is this information worth sharing? Stay consistent and respect your audience's time. Public relations is a multi-facet approach to building rapport with your audience and keeping current clients informed of the changes in your company. By evaluating your purposes and strengthening your visibility, you allow the uninformed to venture to your website for more information while increasing the chance of sales leads by offering insightful content they can share with others.